Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Day 4 - Right View - Anything But the Truth (2010)


Good morning,
Today I woke up trying to understand the source of my sadness. I heard the song "Anything but the Truth" and it made me realize that the source of our view, our perception of events, things and people can lead us to suffering.
I am not as upset as yesterday, but I want to have the right view, a deep understanding of this suffering, the making of suffering, ways this suffering can be transformed and which path of transformation to take.
And according to Thich Nhat Hanh, Right view is the first step to knowing the truth behind our sufferings, towards a healing path. At the base of our views are our perceptions, which can fool us if we are not careful. We need to ask us "Am i sure?" And when we perceive something, this is not outside, but inside us, as not apart from our subjectifivity and interdependency.
So Right View means to understand the source of our perception, when we see a mountain what it can represent to us is related to our way of seeing things, that has roots in our store consciousness, where we came from and how we carry with them errors of subjectivity.  We can start making questions like these:

How to See the truth within and beyond our distorted perceptions and from others?
How can we point ourselves to the right direction? How to improve the quality of our view, from viewpoint of the ultimate reality, to the absence of all views?

But while is all conceptual, it is hard to follow with the Right View.
Buddhist teachings say that Right View has the power to free us from suffering, so as the right view blossoms, all the other steps along the way will turn into flowers also. 
My meditation today is on Right View, a journey to undertanding where we come from, where we are going and who we are,  Truth inside.



"Anything But The Truth"

If they tell me that the bees don’t make honey anymore
Then what am I supposed to tell you
And if they tell me that the ocean is tired of its shores
Then tell me what am I supposed to tell you

When I can’t tell you anything
But the truth

When I can’t tell you anything
But the truth
What happens to an eagle’s nest in a storm
How does the mama keep the baby warm
What if the wind is telling us that its time
And what if we’re not ready to fly

I can’t tell you anything
But the truth
Tree tops they touch the ground
In the morning walk with no sound
Hear no birds, hear no planes
Through the mud, feel the clay
Build it up, make it sing
Make it strong, give it wings

But I can’t tell you anything
But the truth

What is this place?
Who am I?
Why did we come here?

What is this place?
Who am I?
Why did we come here?
I don’t know I don’t know
But I don’t know that we’re meant to know
I don’t know I don’t know
But I don’t know that we’re meant to know

No comments:

Post a Comment