Sunday, March 18, 2012

Day 19 - Adobe Home to myself - Broken (2006)


Yesterday, a feeling of accomplishment and hard work filled my whole body at the end of the day, then I could not move a hand or a foot from the sofa after 7pm as I was exausted and sore, each muscle of mine, each joint asking me to rest.
Immersed in the right concentration on space, I spent the whole day yesterday caring for the adobe house we just finished building and renovating, cleaning and organizing the space for making it usable for our future guests and the Instituto Salvia's headquaters, a NGO we are member and coordinate its projects.  Our effort started in 2010, almost 2 years ago, when we begun to build additions and renovate an old adobe house, a sacred place where we put loads of dedication and investment. New foundation, new adobe bricks, reused and refurbished Ipe windows and doors, furnitures and tiles, a mosaic of art and curvelinious walls, funky spiral staircase and round roof, all made with love and care.

Today, recovered from physical exaustion, I also felt that I ended a suffering cycle since I lost my first baby and now my second pregnancy. I am still in my cocoon, but can slowly feel my new wings turning into beautiful shape and colors.

I want to share with you that I am taking care of myself, helping me to restore my energy and my vitality, as I have been taking care of my adobe home. And I want to invite you to do the same.

Care is love, as better put by Thich Nhat Han:

"Love is the capacity to take care, to protect, to nourish."
Shall we try to generate that kind of energy toward ourselves, taking care of ourselves, of nourishing ourselves, of protecting ourselves—otherwise it is very difficult to take care of another person. To love oneself is the foundation of the love of other people. Love is a practice. Love is truly a practice.

"To meditate means to go home to yourself."
 We know how to take care of the things that are happening inside of each of us, and we know how to take care of the things that happen around us if we are meditating, practicing love towards ourselves. All meditation exercises are aimed at bringing us back to our true home, to ourselves. Without restoring our peace and calm and helping the world to restore peace and calm, we cannot go very far in the practice.

Dance today is about going home to ourselves, repair the broken pieces of ourselves to non-self. Dance with me this Jack Johnson's Broken song,  to inspire us to practice love, continue valuing each moment we have in this life, and honor our lives here and now. Discover these insights while mindfully moving your whole being into the present moment.... home to myself.

much love
Aloha e
 Mahalo



"Broken"


With everything ahead of us 

We left everything behind

But nothing that we needed 

At least not at this time

And now the feeling that I’m feeling 

Well it’s feeling like my life is finally mine

With nothing to go back to we just continue to drive
 

Without you I was broken

But I’d rather be broke down with you by my side 

Without you I was broken

But I’d rather be broke down with you by my side 
 

I didn’t know what I was looking for

So I didn’t know what I’d find

I didn’t know what I was missing 

I guess you’ve been just a little too kind

And if I find just what I need

I’ll put a little peace in my mind
Maybe you’ve been looking too 

Or maybe you don’t even need to try
 

Without you I was broken

But I’d rather be broke down with you by my side 

Without you I was broken

But I’d rather be broke down with you by my side 
 

With everything in the past 

Fading faster and faster until it was gone

Found out I was losing so much more than I knew all along

Cause everything I’ve been working for 

Only worth nickels and dimes

But if I had a minute for every hour that I’ve wasted 

I’d be rich in time, I’d be doing fine
 

Without you I was broken

But I’d rather be broke down with you by my side 

Without you I was broken

But I’d rather be broke down with you by my side 


No comments:

Post a Comment