Friday, March 2, 2012

Day 7 - Right Speech, Singing and Silence - Lullaby (Curious George, 2006)

Good evening, dear friend,

it has been a week since I started this blog, walking through healing and love path, dancing with Jack Johnson. Namaste for keeping up with me.

Here's sharing one more meditation with you.  it is dark outside, the crescent moon is bright and stars are calling me to sleep and dream. But while everybody sleeps in the house, I am here writing this post. Then I will go to bed.This meditation asks for a story, a bedside story.

Let's start with a story from my childhood, as it helps me to unleash some of the wisdow from my ancestors. As I had the priviledge to have my grandmother living with us since I was born, I will tell a story of her and how she took care of me and my sibblings while my parents have to work...
I grew up listening to her lullabies.
When I was about 7,  she used to ask me to help her drying up some of the dishes she was washing after lunch. Sometimes I was happy doing it, but one day she noticed I was looking a bit concern, lost on and absorbed by my own thoughts, distant and distracted.
While she was washing the pans, she asked me if I would be interested to sing along with the washing noises. I said that I did not know many songs, so she asked me to invent a lullaby.
By asking me to invent something new, i had to listen  to the sounds she was doing, and to be present. I had to silence the stream of thoughts inside, and let the words out in poetic sound, sweet and funny lullabies were created while cleaning the dishes. Then she said that if I was concern with something, trying to resolve a conflict, or just sad, I could try to sing a lullaby with newly created poems, and I would feel much happier.
From day on, I realized that singing was a great way to heal my suffering, be present and send sad thoughts away...
I felt much better.

Until today, while I sing on the spot, inventing songs and poems, for my kids before they go to bed, or with my husband during a jam session, I feel renovated and much happier afterwards. Unleash the mindfulness speech inside of me. My grandmother was so wise.

But to feel indeed renovated, rejuvenated and healed, one needs to practice silence, non-words. Silence helps us to slow down and listen to each note of the bird singing, the sound of wind blows through the trees, our own mind and speech.
My grandmother used to be silent for many hours, while she was making crochet doles. That was her sitting meditation, she was always so calm while doing it. I used to immitate her, and learnt to sit for long steady hours making crochet dresses for my dols.
Non thinking...., at all.


in my meditation today, I will sing my lullaby and dance with the silence of my crochet making, songs sung by birds and trees. Let's be silent for 5 minutes everyday and replinesh our beings...
aloha e




"Lullaby (Feat. Matt Costa)"


When you’re so lonely lying in bed
Night’s closed it’s eyes but you can’t rest your head
Everyone’s sleeping all through the house
You wish you could dream but forgot to somehow
Sing this lullaby to yourself
Sing this lullaby to yourself
And if you are waiting, waiting for me
Know I’ll be home soon darling I guarantee
I’ll be home Sunday just in one week
Dry up your tears if you start to weep
And sing this lullaby to yourself
Sing this lullaby to yourself
Lullaby, I’m not nearby
Sing this lullaby to yourself
Don’t you cry, no don’t you cry
Sing this lullaby to yourself
Cause when I arrive dear it won’t be that long
No it won’t seem like anytime that I’ve been gone
It ain’t the first time it won’t be the last
Won’t you remember these words to help the time pass
So when you’re so lonely lying in bed
Night’s closed it’s eyes but you can’t rest your head
Everyone’s sleeping all through the house
You wish you could dream but forgot to somehow
Sing this lullaby to yourself
Sing this lullaby to yourself
Sing this lullaby, sing this lullaby
Sing this lullaby to yourself

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the dishes back to earth tip of your grandma. I will think about it when my little ones are absent...

    love you lots my friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bella, your presence here is very motivating. Everyday is a different meditation, but eqach day carries one string of meditation practice to the other.
    down to earth practices, that is teh best recipe, nothing too elaborated. love to you all. I adore you, my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete